Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Mattress hard on the back, Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #12
Neweller

All the mattresses in our household are now the memory foam type. In the last Newell we had a Serta spring coil and it was hard but a quality mattress. At first we put an egg crate foam liner on top and that wasn't too bad, until I purchased a high end memory foam mattress for home to try out. At first the memory foam seemed way too hard, then I started getting used to it and whenever we would sleep in the coach or at a Hotel it was hard to sleep and I had to revert back to the extra pillow thing under knee portion of the legs. The memory foam is nice as it forms nicely to the body.

Now, you have to figure out what density you like, just like with a coil spring bed. Our first memory foam mattress in the home had only been used for about six months and is now used by our youngest still living at home. We have changed brands twice and went to a softer one, which ended up too soft and is now in the guest room. In our home we have about one of every density now. We finally settle for one in between the density and it works great. So, the next Newell will get one just like it. That way it won't be like going to a hotel/motel and having to make the change.

Like Michael stated it takes a few days to get used one. I don't even use a pillow when laying on my back and it actually helps my neck that has plenty of scar tissue. I still need a pillow for supporting my head while laying on my side though.

As some of you might say, just my 2 cents worth.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote