Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - basement has no power
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
77newell

Boondocker: thanks for the update, it is weird when things don't go the way we thought. On my 77 coach, of limited relevance to your coach perhaps, there is a circuit breaker for all the non-main floor circuits. There is no shutoff switch and as I referenced before no GFI (my coach precedes that technology - I know it's stone-age but it did come with anti-skid brakes).

If you can find a tripped breaker you probably are on your way to solving it. If you have any GFI's I would check them since as Larry noted they can trip breakers and we don't know how your circuits are aligned. If you have a tripped breaker and no tripped GFI's then things get tougher. Somewhere you have a short or overload, a short typically will trip the breaker faster than a short. If you suspect a short and are comfortable working on electrical stuff then I would start by opening the receptical boxes to look for shorts. Otherwise you are going to have to trace the wiring to see where uninsulated wires are crossing. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote