Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - brake air leak
Thread: brake air leak
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
RussWhite

Default Draining water from air tanks

Steve,

Thanks for the tank locations. This is a subject I would like to discuss and get some opinions from the forum members.

I did the block and crawl routine and found the front tanks before a piece of dirt fell into my eye It's full goggles next time, if there is a next time. What I don't really understand is why Newell, as careful as they are about most everything, would expect routine draining of the tanks and make it is extremely difficult. Really, how many people are going to crawl under their coach and be able to do this task. Only one of the front tanks is reasonably accessable, the other I am not sure I would ever reach. Could it be that if one follows the proper procedure for maintaining the air dryer there is no need to drain these tanks?
If the tanks truly need periodic draining, how often is the interval? If so, there are ways it could have been made so much easier. Two thoughts come to mind. One would be remotely located operaters connected to drain valves via ss cable and one could pull the handle/ring and exhaust some air/water. Or, electrically with some kind of valve and heater.
Maybe I am just trying to rationalize because I don't want to do.

All thoughts appreciated. Thanks! Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote