Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - White smoke on start 8V92TA
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
encantotom

fluid analysis is a great indicator. i have it done as well. that said, i would offer a few personal experiences to augment what steve has said in the previous post.

the initial analysis is going to give you if there is anything wrong immediately. the ones after that are going to give you a wear history and will become increasingly more valuable from an analysis perspective.

as far as how to take the samples, i have always been told to take them from a steady flow from the drain plug and not to draw them out with a pump. i dont know who is right, but i can tell you when i had the antifreeze in the engine oil from the cracked head, that i pulled an oil sample from the dipstick and it showed no VISUAL indication of antifreeze, though an analysis would have, and when i pulled a sample from the drain plug it gave a different visual picture. when i change the oil on mine, i take the sample from the full initial stream after a few seconds.

thats my 2 cents worth and i am sticking to it....(i love that saying wally)

i prebuy the sample bottles from the local CAT dealer and take them there for analysis. takes a day and they email the results.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote