Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Interior slideout question
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
RussWhite

I'll take a shot at this since I have a two slide.

First the salon slide:
This slide has a flat floor. That is achieved by having a piece of the floor drop down to allow room for the floor that slides to move in. The portion that drops is well hidden with a carpet seam that appears to be part of the pattern. The seam at the front behind the driver's seat is just a seam in the same colored carpet and is easily seen. Part of the couch and dinette actually hand out of the moveable part of the floor and do not press on it with any significant force. You can force your fingers in between the bottom of the couch and the floor. When retracting the slide, the dropping of the floor is the first action you observe. It really is pretty cool, but I won't think so when it fails to move someday.

The bedroom slide is much more traditional with a raised floor on the sliding portion. There is a sliding mechanism under the bed. I did not see any wheels and think it is just nylon pads or such. It is heavy construction and designed to work with only one cylinder doing the pushing and pulling. The overhead fan and lights slide on their own tracks with just a tab connection behind the valance of the slide.

The hydraulic power seems to be from an electric pump in the bay under the driver's position. The previous owner told me the coach must be running for the rear slide to work, and that seems to be the case. Not sure what is up with that, but no big deal. Newell advised to always be in the travel position when operating the slides. I can tell you anything you ever want to know about how to change the pressurized air seal on the bedroom slide :-)
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote