Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Couple questions...
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
eujamfh

Default Couple questions...

Still looking for our next rig...and may be taking the time to look at two but wanted to get any insight from all you before we went to look. One is relatively local, the other a long trip.

First, what were the differences between the 1986 and 1987 models? Both ones I am interested in are 38ft with the 8V92...both appear to be in very good shape with similar floor plans. I have looked at rigs before, so I know the standard things like rust, corrosion, non-working items, leaks etc...but best I can tell, from appearance, the biggest change was from slanted windows in the 1986 to square ones in the 1987. Any other I am missing?

Second, how difficult is it to get work done on the older DD? Are parts readily available? Do you for see a problem with securing parts in the near future (like the 555)? Based on my reading...I assume 5-6mpg, but plenty of umph for the 38ft'ers.

Third - what are the CCC of the classics? Particularly the mid-1980s since that is what I am probably able to afford. I know all coaches will weight different, but as I have discovered in Bluebirds, many of the rigs are actually within a few thousand pounds of being at max GVRW and in some, overloading the front axle is an issue.

Any insight - I would greatly appreciate it....
Cheers,
Matt
eujamfh is offline   Reply With Quote