Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Running all the a/c units while on the move
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
77newell

Gbuss: Every Newell has 3 electrical systems: 12VDC chassis, 12VDC coach and 120VAC. There are at least two sources of electrical supply for each of these systems. One supply for each system is at least one of the other systems. If all this sounds insane...... well sometimes it does make me insane. The redundancy creates enormous flexibility but only if you understand the basics of the systems. I strongly urge you to find a book or reference on the fundamentals of RV electrical systems, it will help you enormously and make it easier for us to help you.

Now to directly answer your question; no Newell coach I've heard of has an alternator on the drive engine big enough to supply a big enough inverter to run your air conditioners. If you need cooling while going down the road you either run the generator and house air conditioners (which by the way is fine to do) or you run your dash air conditioner (which is usually inoperable on older coaches and not worth resurrecting). Both Forest (above) and I regularly run our generators and house air conditioners while on the road.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote