Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1988 Newell Coach Differential failure
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
Wally Arntzen

Hi Tuga,
I pay 99.00 a year for Good Sam towing insurance and 98.00 for an Alstate program that is the same. On my situation they sent out the wrong truck which came from 40 miles north of Phoenix which was about 90 miles from where I was located. They had to pay him for the trip and I don't know what he charged them. At that time the dispatcher which is an independent company that Good Sam contracts with to locate towing services made a committment to me that he would cover my entire tow and get me to the service garage that I selected. There only obligation to the policy holder is to get you to a facility that can do the repair that is needed to get you mobile again.
After I assisted the guy getting my coach on his truck I had to sign a release for the tow which included the fee and it was 1,000.00. Normally they try to get the tow cost for 400.00 or less but because he made the committment he honored it and covered the cost.
I certianly appreciated them covering the cost but did not like the fact that I had to wait for 12 hours to get it done. The distance from my location to the bus repair garage was about 50 miles and we traveled at 30 mph at 1:00am slowing down for all of bridges. One bridge he stopped at the beginning of it and pulled out an extending aluminum rod with a light on the end and put up to the bottom of the bridge and it gave him the correct height which was 2" higher that the coach on the truck. If we could not have made he would have to back up and go to the exit ramp and go over and around the bridge to the down ramp on the other side. My coach is an 88 so your coach and the new coaches would habe to use the on and off ramps on severall of bridges that we were able to go under. It was a testy day, its over, the tow went well, the repair went well and I will continue to love my Newell Coach.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote