Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Axle replacement info needed.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #7
slateblue911

The title shows that my Newell weights just over 15000 lbs.

Here are my plans for a 1 year restoration/update of the coach. These are not in any particular order right now.

1. Remove all non-original parts. I want to get it back to as close to original as possible and bring it forward to a more up to date coach.

2. Clean up all wires, hoses, mechanicals that are not connected or functioning properly.

3. Replace the gas stove with all electric and do away with the propane system. (The refrigerator has already been replaced with all electric.)

4. Since there is only around 125K miles then I want to upgrade the chassis before I replace or modify the engine and trans equipment.

5. Upgrade the electronics. Satellite television. on-board computer systems with internet access, flat panel tv screens, satellite readio, and gaming systems for my kids. Also add outside video cameras for lane changing and backup each with their own LCD panel.

6. Add AC for the driver area. I have added AC to older cars and trucks. I think this is a necessity if I am going to take this anywhere. LOL! Texas gets really hot in the summer.

7. Maybe replace the Generator with a more compact lighter one. Mine has a 4cyl liquid cooled engine and it has to weight a lot.

First and foremost, I am going to get it where I can drive it on a regular basis. Then one by one I will work through each of the systems replacing and upgrading to make this already solid Newell worth even more. I have been very luck that the coach has worked very well with little problems. The engine cranks right up and doesn't smoke. The trans needs to be figured out but at 70 mph the coach moves on down the road. So far I have been extrememly pleased with it.

I have been in the computer technology industry since 1985. Most of these modifications I have done to one car or another. I have remodeled houses that dated back to the late 1800's. Now I get the chance to add all of these systems to one unit. I am extremely excited that I get to do it with such a wonderful coach.

https://www.newellclassic.com/gallery....php?album=145
slateblue911 is offline   Reply With Quote