Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Axle replacement info needed.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #15
slateblue911

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tuckness View Post
If you have a Ford chassy, you add fluid to the master cylinder located behind the brake pedal. The operating rod off the brake pedal goes down through a rubber cover over the mouth of the master cylinder. It is hard to reach this and hard to put fluid in. I purchased a power brake bleeding system to work on the brake system and I use it to put fluid in. A small squeez bottle will work. The vaccum booster is located on the frame rail behind the left front wheel. It is probably a hydravac booster. Do you have a air over hydraulic system as well as boosted vaccum? This is an addational brake system using coach air pressure to operate brake system. You will have a hand valve next to the steering wheel.

James

I have two of these cylinders under the brake pedal hinge. Do I remove the pedal rod from the top and then put the fluid in or do I have to remove something else. On my Newell the previous owner ran a tube from the fuse box down through one of the rubber boots on one of the cylinders. I take it that this was not done from the factory as it only went to one of the cylinders and not both. At first i though that it might have been a vent tube but then it would have been on both and not just one.

Maybe there is a better system out there as this setup seems to look like it will be a pain to update or service.

Thanks for the information. It's starting to make sense now.

https://www.newellclassic.com/gallery....php?album=145
slateblue911 is offline   Reply With Quote