Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1992 Newell Coach Best Way To Complete Purchase
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
The Newell

We bought from a private owner and paid cash. (We didn't let the owner know we had cash until we concluded the deal and felt comfortable.)

Things we made sure of:

1. The RV was parked at the owners house. (It was a nice house). We met his wife and son and used the 'facilities' in his home. If the RV is parked on the side of the road or in an empty lot, RUN no matter what the explanation is.

2. Almost all private owner deals are on an "as-is" basis - no warranty - so a detailed inspection is a must. We went over the newell completely - turned on all the appliances/lights/water. Inspected all the cabinets, drawers, windows, roof, everything. We inspected the engine, Looked for exterior rust, interior leaks, Kicked the tires. and Test drove.

3. Question the owner about details of the RV - things an owner should know - to make sure it isn't a third-party deal. Found out the GWVR, etc before we went to see it.

3. Made sure the title was valid. (If you know by looking, fine. Otherwise, the bank or DMV can tell you).

4. Get the VIN number before you go and check to see if it has been in an accident.

When the title is signed over to you, make sure the signature matches the name on the title EXACTLY.

You can get a great deal from a private owner. Just use common sense and you will be fine.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote