Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Replacing Lead Acid Batts with AGM Batteries
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #13
Brad Townsend

Hi Jennifer.
It is not unusual for the batteries to show a low reading under a load, especially if you are running the fridge along with the lights. What happens if you shut off the fridge and lights? Does the reading go back up? I don't think the guy from Batteries Plus is the proper person for such a problem. These coaches were designed with 8Ds 2 on the drivers side and 2 on the passenger side. The driver side is the house side the passenger side is the chassis side.

If you check you flood acid batteries with a hydrometer (the thing with 4 balls) it is more precise. Each ball equals 1/4. Example 4 balls floating in all cells = fully charged 3 balls= 75% full 2balls= 50% full and 1 ball = 25% full, actually instead of saying full it should be depth of charge.

As I stated before if you want a trouble free maintenance free dependable battery the go with 8D Life Line batteries. Thats my opinion.

But going further with your problem, you could have a load test done to see if the batteries
are ok, a carbon pile load tester is supposed to be the best so I have herd.

Brad
1988 40 ft 8v92 TA
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser,1990 Jeep Cherokee 4/WD now a desert rat
25 ft Haulmark trailer
730 watt solar panels, Full timing.
Brad Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote