Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - dash heater/ac controls
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
77newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
Tom, how hot does your dash heater get?
Mine is just warm, not enough to even keep my little toesies warm on a cold day. I have 4 valves on engine, heater under the bed, and in water bay.
I added a valve on each of the coolant lines under the bed to keep it from getting hot. Even with the heater switch off I found that it heated up the bedroom.
But the dash heat is not nearly as hot as the heater under the bed.
Great investigation tracking down your problem.
I own Forests "old" coach mentioned by him in this quote. The configuration as I preliminarily understand it is that this coach has two circuits; one with a boost pump and solenoid valve that feeds the front heat, and one without a boost pump that feeds the heater under the rear bed and the water heater coil. I have yet to figure out which circuit serves the bay heater. There are two shutoff valves on the engine water pump output and two shutoff valves on downstream of the engine thermostat above the water pump.

After a short trip this week I will be exploring what is going on in the front since my crude heating system in the 77 coach put out far more heat that this 93 does. I would have thought that newer coaches should heat better than the older ones and I intend to get it there. The way the heat performs now there is no way I could avoid frostbite when traveling in below freezing temps without wearing my snowmobile gear which would appear garish in a Newell.

My boost pump is making grinding noises and will have to be replaced - does anyone have information on a replacement.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote