Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 89 Newell for Sale
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
Dave-n-Marjorie

Surprising that the dealer would state "inspections not allowed". That right there shows he is hiding something. You are right about this guy.

Most all dealers I know allow inspections by licensed bonded RV tech as long as a DEPOSIT has been put down from buyer. Did he say no inspections if you put deposit down? Or did you not want to put a deposit down and still have it inspected?

Another issue we have with inspectors, they say they are licensed and bonded but when they show up at our facility, they can't provide documentation so they are turned away. It is waaaay too much of a liability for us to let an unlicensed unbonded person on our property going through a coach we still own.

As for a few hundred dollars cost, most mobile, certified, licensed and bonded RV techs charge $100 an hour and a full inspection or pdi, would cost around $500 min, not counting any engine analysis. Doubtful a couple hundred would get you anything reliable.

Once I had to cover for our internet manager when he was out for a month. It was terrible. All these calls, questions, emails, people wanting an inspection, but yet no deposit. I really got sick of it quickly.

I believe there is a HUGE dealer in Texas that won't even talk numbers or inspections until a contract has been written and deposit is taken. They are very successful. That is the way it's supposed to work.

Deposit = serious buyer, no deposit = tire kicker.

Sounds like this guy is a liar, and we all know some sales people will say anything to get a deal, but I always focus more on the RV than the person selling it. Hope this makes sense.
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote