Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wow! Nows the time to buy a Newell!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Stick Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Arntzen View Post
Stick, I was into GMC's for 10 years and rebuilt one from the ground up. They are great machines but I can tell you that if you use it a lot they are a lot maintainance and repair. I put more into the rebuild than I paid for my 88 Newell 7 years ago and my Newell is a great coach. I used the GMC for work as I do the Newell and it was always getting repaired by me or a friend who know's a lot more about them than I do.
I would never even think about going back to the GMC because they are too small for fultiming and too much trouble.
I don't pay anything near 500.00 for tires for my Newell and I question the 100.00 for tires on the GMC.

Good luck and I wish you well if you do the change, but I suspect you will back with a big coach soon.
Wally - you are preaching to the choir. I have wanted a BlueBird from day one and only discovered the Newell a year ago. Either would be superior to the GMC for fulltiming or for long time usage.

I have a beach house where we spend every spare moment. I don't want to full time nor do I want to travel much. I want something we can take 20 minutes to the river and stay with friends or to attend ralleys or to go to the North Georgia mountains for a long weekend.

I'm surprised about the tires. $100 is about what most GMCers pay for tires. You can buy more expensive tires but mine wil be age replaced long before they are tread replaced.

Bottom line is that you might be right. I might come to a bigger coach, but I've never owned either. I've driven a pant load of BB's - never a newell - but the GMC drives as smoothly as any luxury car I've ever driven.

It'll do for me right now - that is if I buy anything.