Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wow! Nows the time to buy a Newell!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #18
Stick Miller

Default I feel better

Believe it or not I really value you guys' opinions. Without owning a motorhome of any type I feel like I have absorbed so much knowledge just by participating in this and other forums.

I think my wife will enjoy the GMC. I would rather have a diesel Newell or Bluebird, but I think this will be her introduction to something that will become a part of our retirement. She is not a good passenger and I think the luxury of being able to sit on a sofa or at a dinette will mean a lot to her. She is type A and I am Z. She just wants to get there and I enjoy every inch of the trip. I enjoy "there" too.

The key is going to be the people we meet. We both like meeting people and have an active social life here at home and at the beach. I think once she gets into attending rallies it will all make sense for her. At that point and after I'm retired and have some time, I believe we might move into something bigger.

I do know people that moved from Diesel Pushers (SOB's) to the GMC and wouldn't go back. Frankly, I'd like to have one of each.

I'm close on a GMC that seems to have been done right. I know there will always be things to go wrong. I just didn't want to start out with a piece of junk.

My dad had a new GMC when I was first out of college. Man, did we have fun with that.

Thanks again for the advice and counsel. Who knows what will happen. One thing is for sure...I'm not going to buy someone else's junk. I'll just keep on driving the old Caddy.