Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tankless Water Heaters
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
77newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellick View Post
One of those would be the answer, on my coach it would be tricky venting the lp. I will use the old one for now, here is a couple of pics of the bay floor, wood on steel is how it was built, I am going to add some more crossmembers to take the sag out of the floor and put aluminum with no wood. The old wood was removed with a shovel and a shopvac...
Keith: You are probably too far along now but I rebuilt my water bay using WEST epoxy coated plywood for the flooring. The sheet was cut to size and any holes cut before epoxying the thing with three coats of epoxy. I left in place the existing steel sheet that had multiple cut holes and corrosion holes. I sprayed all that metal with used engine oil to rust-proof it and then put sheet galvanized steel laid over that before the ply went on. I also built an epoxy coated/lined waste tank to replace the 1/4" steel original tank that leaked in hidden places which is one reason the original uncoated floor went. The nice thing about the coated ply floor is that it kept all the dimensions close to original while gaining protection from any "loose water". I also put an epoxy coated lip around the edge of the floor to keep any water from trickling over the edges rather than draining at intended spots.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote