Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Battery "Exploded"
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Neweller

Glenn, I have used it full strength plenty of times without harming anything. You have to use care anytime messing with things like acids to protect yourself and

I'm sure you are already aware of that. My brother was a electronics engineer and he had turned me onto the use of CLR for automotive electric quite a few years

back. I have used it even on flooded vehicles to clean up any saveable electrical components by letting it set overnight and then rinsing it off and letting dry. I'm not

saying you can use CLR on everything electrical but a lot of things. It cleans terminals and connectors like new. When my battery blew and damaged the

compartment, I then pulled the battery mess out of there, neutralized it with CLR for about 15-20 minutes, then carefully rinsed it off. For additional battery corrosion,

I would repeat the process letting it sit longer if I thought needed, then rinse and dry everything off. On mine I had black paint that was removed from the acid spill

that I repainted soon after to prevent any future rust.

Word of Caution: Be careful around aluminum using any of these harsh products, as they can cause damage.

For anyone reading this post and ever tempting to do this, please use gloves, eye protection and don't get acid on your clothes. We are talking about caustic

solutions here that must always be handled with care.

CLR - can also work on many things mixed in a 50/50 solution with warm water. And followed by a rinse with water.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote