Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - TracStar In Motion Satellite System Satellite Reception
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
tuga

Richard,

There are no dumb questions; and if there are any I will probably be asking them!

Is a tuner the same thing as a receiver?

When the tech @ Newell checked out the picture (before he did anything) the picture was perfect on all channels (typical - the problem always disappears when the tech is trying it).
So then he got up on the roof and removed the cover on the antenna to see if anything was loose. Nothing was loose. Next, he moved the coax connection on the antenna from one connection the another one right below it. This made no difference; everything continued to work perfectly.

Hopefully, to answer your question I have one coax cable from the antenna to the splitter and then one coax from the splitter to each of the receivers. The splitter allows me to view satellite TV on one TV while watching VCR, DVD, etc on the other TV.

Until a week ago, both TVs worked fine on different channels.

I have a friend who has a spare LNB so we are going to try changing it out and see if the problem follows.

Thanks for the help.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote