Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wow! What a price!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #39
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard and Rhonda View Post
I may be wrong, but I think it's the real deal.

Here's why. Back in the spring, before I left Fort Worth. I went to this place and evaluated a Country Coach for a fellow. Turns out I had actually seriously looked at this same coach three years earlier at another dealer in Texas. I watched as it sat on that dealers lot for three years.

So I was suprised to see the coach at Christian's place, at a FAR lower price than what I had been looking at three years ago.

So I drove the coach and had several discussions with both the dealer and the new owner. The dealer looks for coaches at sale that he thinks he can sell low and turn quickly.

The nice thing about the whole experience was that when I showed up at the lot as the "evaluator", and not a potential buyer, I didn't deal with all the happy HS. They gave me free reign, and unlimited driving privileges. It was a totally different experience than when I acted like a "buyer". It was quite fun.

It's the third time I have played that role for a buyer, and all three times the dealership treated me quite differently. There was no sales talk at all. No questions.

This is the very same dealer and place that lowballed a coach about a year ago. It showed up on Ebay again, and then quickly disappeared. Weird stuff happens in deals, but I think this one is legit. The guy is buying wholesale and selling at a little above wholesale on an as is basis.
Richard,

I called and talked to Christian, and he said the buyer hasn't contacted him yet. He said that if the buyer doesn't contact him shortly, he will sell the coach to the second highest bidder if that bidder is still interested. He said that eBay is a weird market. He has put coaches on 2 or 3 times and the bids will increase in dollars each time. Then again the opposite will happen.

I agree with you; this guy is legit. He is just flipping; buy at wholesale and sell a little bit higher (hopefully).

He indicated to me that the present market value is about 40% less than normal depreciation. Boy, I'm glad I don't have to sell now. This market has got to be killing the RV dealers (who have to buy and sell to stay alive!).

Question: Will the market value that has been lost in this downturn ever come back up? Or is it lost forever.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote