Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Looks like Newell coach 498 is ready for retirement.
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
Neweller

Jack, the current owner purchased the unit from the insurance company about 7 years ago and moved it out to his farm. He had mentioned some of his ideas of what he had planned on doing and liked the idea of making it his own and not have something that looked like an upscale brothel. He was also going to do away with the front slide since another industry expert had told him the fronts were HWH and were junk. I told him, if I decided it was worth building, I would duplicate one or two more slides.

Like Steve mentioned earlier; cheap isn't always cheap. This baby would have been worth the effort and investment back right after it had first happened. If it was maybe a third to half the damage and a few years newer, I would take it on, but I don't think putting $100-150k into a '98 is worth that kind of money just to have what you want in your Newell.

I would rather start with a $75k unit needing much less work and more miles etc.. and go from there. That water damaged '02 or '03 quad slide that sold a few months ago for $140k would have been a better deal. Three things I don't like in a fixer and that is major rust, major electrical work and mass mold. The all suck at repairing, killing off or staying low maintenance unless you start over from scratch.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote