Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - slide air bag seals?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
lbrachfe

Tom,
This is a common problem and Newell calls them "Wrinkles". I was getting water in through them on both slides and thought I would need to replace them , but the fix is easy and I did it with a single tube of clear silicone at Newells instruction. First deflate the seals ,then apply about a 1/4 to 3/8 inch of silicone on the slide in each of the 2 wrinkles on each corner. The amount and location are key and not easy to reach, but you can do it over when not right on target. After drying inflate and make sure they line up. I used Q-Tips since my fingers would not fit and you need to make a little peak to fit like a wedge in the wrinkle. Next open the slides and do the same thing in the open position so in the end you will have two little silicone peaks on each corner, one for slide in and one for slide out. I did mine a year ago and they are still perfect. If you want to know more detail you can call me 727-254-0057 and I will fill you in. My coach is in storage and so far away or I would post photos. It should be easy for you to complete this and I'm glad to give you a verbal narrative.
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote