Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Intro to group
Thread: Intro to group
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
RussWhite

Hi Dan,

I had the checkbook out when I backed out of purchasing an American Eagle. I have frineds with one and I really liked the salon layout they had. No regrets, however as I now have a 99 Newell - #530. Most of your questions have been answered. I actually have one of the coaches that received the front cap upgrade. The headlights look good, but don't particularly impress me with their road covereage. Not a biggie as I avoid night driving as much as possible. What was for me really nice with the upgrade - done in 2004 I think - was the all new electronics and enclosure upfront that now contains a 42" plasma TV, huge surround sound amp/receiver, modern GPS navigation, etc. With the addition of a new rooftop antenna I am HD on most channels I watch. The installtion was super well engineered with the TV surround and the TV itself folding up against the ceiling for wonderful access to the area behind. That area has thermostats and cooling fans that keeps everything happy. The coach also received a full body repaint in the colors and graphics common at that time.
I simply love the bath and a half. Right now I have my daughter and her girlfriend sharing the coach with me. They have the back, and I moved some of my stuff up to a small closet and except for the need to shower, I am self contained up front. The shower itself is especially nice as the floor is sunken below the bathroom tile and as you step down to get it you have loads of headroom and the shower actually is above my head, just like it should be. The two slides give me the extra room I need for fulltiming and having occasional guests with plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and talk or watch a movie.
My fuel economy is very good as I just poke along in the slow lane.
The flat floor slide in the salon and lots of headroom under the slide are very welcome changes from my former coach.
There are some pictures in the gallery if you want to take a look.
Good luck and have fun at the factory.
Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote