Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - We made it home!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
fulltiming

Forest and Cindy, great to have another Newell owner in the group. You might want to verify your coach number. A 1993 should be in the number range of ~#308-338. I know that #305 was a 1992 and #341 was a 1994. Based on the number you listed, I would guess your coach is number 317. Your coach number should be the last three digits of the VIN. The VIN should start with 1N9 followed by 3 digits for the length and then end with the last three digits as the VIN. Newell skipped from coach 816 to coach 1200 in 2007.

On the wiper issue, there are several potential causes for one the electric wipers to stop working. 1) Corrosion or rust on that wiper pilot shaft. 2) Loose nut on that wiper drive shaft allow it to slip. 3) Worn spline on that wiper drive shaft. 4) Loose nut on that wiper drive arm inside of the coach. 5) Burned out wiper motor or dead spot in the motor windings. 6) Bad power or switch control wire to that specific motor.

As I am sure you have noticed, those are completely independent wiper motors, each with a mind of its own. They are made by Bosch and are EXTREMELY expensive. If the coach has been in Florida very long sitting outside, my money would be on the corrosion/rust on the pilot shaft. Richard has recent experience with that issue.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote