Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1972 Brake Schematic
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:36 AM   #15
sopicki

So got her home last week, almost 2 months after starting the brake project. Replaced all 6 wheel cylinders, all 3 brake hoses, left rear brake shoes, master cylinder and both hydrovacs. I'm SURE I still have air in the brake lines as the top hydrovac is almost impossible to reach but I'll get it bled in the spring, for now I was able to drive home. The brakes are GREAT......on the second push of the pedal.

Secondary projects while in the shop were welded up holes in both battery compartments, welded some reinforcements to the spare tire rack, sanded and painted the hydrovac compartment, changed the transmission fluid and filter, replaced the rear wheel bearings and races, replaced the rear axle seals, replaced the differential seal, replaced the diff lube with synthetic lube, replaced the transmission mounts and removed the generator fuel tank. I'll be sanding and painting the 15 gallon generator fuel tank this week and then installing a fuel level sender which it has never had.

We have a 6.5kw Onan generator on the bench also and I'll be refurbishing it over the next 2 months. This will replace the Generac 6600W generator that is currently in the back.

Name:  CAM00300.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  10.1 KBName:  DSC_5590.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  20.0 KBName:  DSC_5591.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  14.0 KBName:  DSC_5601lr.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  22.6 KB
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote