Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Have questions regarding a 1988 Newell Coach equipped with 8v92 Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
77newell

Sir: That vintage engine is the "silver" series 92 that is not nearly as prone to "marking its territory" with oil as earlier engine versions. My go-to mechanic says these engines can probably go 250,000 between in-frame overhauls. If I was in your position I would do the following: have the engine oil, transmission oil and coolant sampled and tested, if I could find a good 2-stroke mechanic I would have him/her pull the air box covers and peek into the cylinders (it's not that hard), and I would have that mechanic take a good look-see at the exterior. I would pay special attention to the fuel lines feeding the engine as these can harden and have bits on the inside come loose and cause injection problems (mine did). The hoses are relatively short and not expensive but they are a real blood letting bugger to change. The radiator should be closely examine for cleanliness and fin damage.

Expected maintenance is filters, oil and grease. Nothing you would not have with different engine.

Jon
77 coach
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote