Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Best option for upgrading inverter?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 AM   #4
encantotom

howdy,

a triac is a type of current switch using a pair of thyristors. it is most likely on the main circuit board of your invertor. there are only 3 or so boards inside the unit.

i just replaced the control board in mine and it was about 200 bucks for the board alone. the main circuit board is more like 4-500 bucks. (i am pretty sure but not positive) i just remember the tech saying that if it was the main board it was in that order of cost....

i am just guessing which board it is on though.

then you have to pay labor to replace the board and check it out. could cost you another hundred bucks or so. that is if you take the inverter charger out yourself and take it to a xantrex repair center yourself. i got lucky in that the repair center was only a few miles from my house.

btw, the link 2000 control panel you have is very very expensive. in the order of 400 bucks best price.

hard choice to make if it really is going to cost 500 bucks or so to fix. i probably would put in a pure sine wave inverter charger then....

my two cents worth...about all it is worth.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote