Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Bedroom TV upgrade (replace your old CRT TV)
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
GORDON HUMMEL

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  12.6 KB
Just realized I never posted a picture of where the 26" tv ended up in the bedroom. This was temporary until I could find a lighter one & hang from the ceiling or overhead wall cabinet. This current spot was determined by finding a place that would allow opening the 4 doors & 1 draw that it could block; I call it a cloud mounting. There is a loose pin hinge in the closet door jam that allows the "L" shaped piece of wood, the TV is mounted to, to be moved around to allow access to all area's needed! Also in this position, I can open the mirrored door at the head of the bed 1/2 way and have the picture reflected to the new mirror mounted to the PS closet. This way I can watch the TV no matter which side I sleep on.

My current plan is to replace the rear mirrored door at the foot of the bed with a new tv.The TV will be mounted to a turntable on slides. When stowed, the TV will be turned 90 deg & closed flush with the other rear cabinet doors. When in use, the door will be opened 45 deg & the TV will actually be cantilevered over the bed. I'll bet the new TV will weight less than the mirror!

More to come!
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote