Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - brakes
Thread: brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
encantotom

Default brakes

hi all,

i had the brakes gone over in the coach i just got. they were a mess. in the back, all four had the pin that the caliper floats on to self adjust frozen with rust. the tag had a wheel seal and needed new bearings on one side. the other side seal needed replacing as well. put new oil sight glass hubcaps on both sides too.

today had the front brakes looked at. they were totally worn out. you can see from the pictures that there was next to nothing left. fortunately they had not gouged the rotor. the rotors on the front were solid. not sure you could ever wear them out.

my bus guy leo took the floating pin apart and cleaned and lubed it as well.

nice to have the assurance that totally rebuilt brakes give. two 1/2 sets of pads.

the calipers were rebuilt on the rear (mostly).

btw, they are gear and chain driven. under a cover on the caliper is a chain that rotates two gears that pushes the caliper piston out. one had frozen and leo built one good one out of an old one and mine.

i can do brakes on a car and my f350, but as rusted as these were and the special tools required to rebuild the calipers, i couldnt have done it.

just pads, yes. i watched and i could do those in ten minutes once the wheel was off. but not if you have to go into the caliper or bearings.

tom

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote