Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New owner with questions
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM   #3
fulltiming

Gordon, my '92 which was built about 6 months after yours does not have an automatic transfer switch. The center position of the toggle disconnects AC power from the generator and shorepower. For yours to work with both shorepower and generator in the center position you must have either an automatic transfer switch OR a serious flaw in your transfer box that is allowing power from both sources simultaneously. I hope it is the first as the second is VERY bad. Check the transfer switch, likely in the bay directly in front of the engine on the drivers side to confirm that it is automatic. Assuming it is an auto transfer switch, it would function as Troy has suggested to allow auto operation in the center position or force the use of just shorepower or just generator power in the lower and upper positions respectively.

On my coach the light switch is a 3 position toggle switch. To my knowledge there is no dimmer control for my dash lights. All of my gauges are illuminated in red which makes them even dimmer but is great on the highway at night since it doesn't require the eye adjustment that a brighter white illumination would.

Is your coach equipped with a Primus Heating System? If so, the thermostat may be tied to the Primus Heating System. There is a significant difference between the operation of a coach with the Primus system and a coach that doesn't have the Primus (or later AquaHot) system. After you let us know if you have Primus or not, it will be easier to provide guidance.

Since each coach is somewhat different, it can be a challenge to determine the exact location or purpose of certain items.

As Troy said, more information on the box below the thermostat in the bay would be helpful. Any wires or airlines coming out of it? Any switches or controls on it?
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote