Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New owner with questions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
Richard and Rhonda

Gordon,

To each his own. My bus has the exact 42 inch setup you describe. The TV is mounted to an electric swing arm, hidden in a box grafted to the ceiling, all nicley covered in matching vinyl.

I #$%*(&(+ing hate it. Why? One it's too big because you are too close to it when sitting on the couches. Two, when it's down, it really limits access to the front seats. Three, it limits headroom. Four, it really fouls up access to the overhead panels up front where my generator controls and power guages are. Five, a 42 inch plasma puts off a lot of heat for such small space. It's hot in the winter, and I can only imagine what it is going to be like in the summer. Six, it is not aesthetically pleasing to me having that box grafted onto the ceiling. I guess this last one is really the issue for me.

If you find a way to recess the box into the ceiling would you let me know. If I could smooth out the lines a little, then this would be a completely different ballgame. If I could get that box up into the ceiliing so that it was flush or only protruded a couple of inches, then I would be a happy camper. I would install a small flat screen in front console, and still have the big plasma too.

As soon as I can talk the lovely bride into it, that arrangement is coming out. Only problem is that she likes it. You know how that goes.

Did I say I didn't like :!:
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote