Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air system schematic
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 02:26 AM   #26
Summersgal

Hello,

I too have been trying to understand when and how to use the 3 position TAG switch on the dash. Here's what I found out today. I hooked up a couple of digital pressure sensors, one on the tag and the other on the drive axle.

With the coach running and in travel mode and switch in center position.
Main-70psi
Tag-70psi
Height (from my measuring points)-40 1/4"

With the coach running and in travel mode and switch in down position.
Main-96psi
Tag-0psi
Time to reach 0psi on tag - 2min 43sec
Time to return to 70 psi on tag - 1min 50sec
Height-39 3/4"

With the coach running and in travel mode and switch in up position.
Main-57psi
Tag104psi
Time to reach 104psi from 70psi on tag - 1min 5sec
Time to return to 70psi on tag - 57sec
Height - 41 5/8"

As soon as the switch is returned to the center position the tag returns to the same pressure as the main. The down position of the switch does not force the tag down, it lowers the pressure. The same for the up position, it increases the pressure thus forcing the tag axle down. I plan on adding three Parker MPS-P31N-PCI Pressure sensors and mounting them around the dash area some where. I will have one for the front, main and tag air bags. These sensors also have programmable outputs, N.O/N.C and a 4-20ma analog output. I will use these to set high and low alarms so I don't forget and leave the switch in the up or down position. It's odd, but right now, if the switch is in the up position an alarm sounds. In the down position there is no alarm. I am still trying to learn my air system (the hard way). I unhook air lines and see what drops, Pam flips switches and push's buttons while I try to find witch solenoid is energizing. The solenoids for my tag are mounted to the drivers side inside frame above the rear end. There are two solenoids here, one for up and one for down, very difficult to see and reach. It would have really been nice if Newell would have put these some where close to the sixpack. If I ever have to replace them they will get moved! The link below shows the sensors I will be using.

http://www.flo-products.com/floprod/partrpemps31.html

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote