Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Headlight Upgrade Information for 90's Newell Coach
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #29
Richard and Rhonda

Well my little project is getting more interesting. Ole Daniel Stern is a pretty clever guy. In the DIY kit, he sent some plugs that looked like the existing plugs for the lamps. I didn't look at them too closely because I wasn't planning on using them. In a correspondence last night, he told me what the were for. D'oh, they are male plugs that match the female plugs already wired into the coach for the existing lights.

Now couple that bit of info with the fact I discovered that the good engineers at Newell already ran 12G wire to the headlights, and the installeation just got a LOT simpler. All I have to do now is make a quick harness to adapt the male headlight plug to the Euro style (ten minutes), and wire in relays at the panel in the passenger kick panel.

He is refiguring the cost of the lamps, so this is getting more attractive by the day. I WILL have (by golly, if work would just calm down) have the headlight wired in and test by this weekend.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote