Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Headlight Upgrade Information for 90's Newell Coach
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 03:35 AM   #32
Richard and Rhonda

Ok, here is a partial update. Stern only had one lamp in stock and he sent me that one to play with.

I had several wiring miscues, but I have all that straightened out. So right now I have one left Euro light wired with relays and 10 gauge wire, and the rest are just as Newell provided.

The bottom line, the Euro light provides twice the illumination that the stock light with stock wiring does. I am not kidding. I will take some pictures at night when I have time to demo the difference. It is incredible. The Euro light puts all the light down on the road and the light pattern is very homogeneous. The stock light has one bright spot on the road, and patterns of high and low intensity.

I stood in front of the coach at distances of 50 and 100 feet and there is more glare from the stock light than the Euro light so I don't expect oncoming drivers to have an issue with the better lighting. When you look directly at the light, it does not appear to be any brighter, but it sure does put more light on the road.

Admittedly, the originals are poor, but I am really happy about this right now.

I am a believer. I can't wait to get the other lamps in and install them Should be in a couple of weeks.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote