Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Pacific Coast Hwy Update
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
'TIL MONDAY

I had no problems on Hwy. 1 from Eureka, Ca up to Astoria.
I stayed at the KOA in Eureka. It was ok but NOT scenic so I don't really reccomend it. In the Gold Beach area I stayed at Turtle Rock RV Resort and it was great. Right on Hunter Creek and the Ocean. In Florence I stayed at Honeyman State Park and it was really nice. Then in the Astoria area I stayed at Fort Stevens State Park and again it was really nice. One place I will definitley try next time is Sea Perch Rv Resort. It's like 7 miles south of Yachats right on the beach (Sea Rose Beach?). It looked like a great place to stay if, you want to be on the ocean.

I was advised to not take Hwy. 1 south of Bodega Bay so I didn't. I actually took Hwy 20 around Clear Lake. It's a nice drive but it's a slow go due to lot's of little towns. Also, Hwy 1 may be closed in the Big Sur area due to the fire. If you want to get to Hearst Castle I would take the 46 from Paso Robles to Cambria. It's a nice drive and Hearst Castle is not far north of Cambria. I've never taken Hwy. 1 or the 101 south of Santa Maria but I'm sure once you get south of Santa Barbara or Ventura you will be in heavy traffic.

1974 Newell
'TIL MONDAY is offline   Reply With Quote