Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1982 Newell with DD 6V92TA Engine Oil pressure
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
77newell

Paul: I agree with getting a mechanical gauge back at the engine. My engine and instrument panel pressures are about 12psi different, sometime a bit more. When you say your engine leaks more oil, do you know where it is leaking from, is it from places that are under direct oil pressure or from places that are experience crankcase pressure. If it is the latter it could be that you have a blocked breather. I will be interested to know what difference changing oil and filters makes. Unless the filter was completely blocked to the point that the bypass in the filter was triggered I'm guessing the change won't make any difference. Even then I can't see how that would match the symptoms of gradually rising oil pressure. Unless the engine is showing other signs of distress and it's not the breather, then it may be that the oil pump pressure control valve has gotten stuck somehow, that is rare but it happens.

jon
77 coach with 6V92T
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote