Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air Dryer
Thread: Air Dryer
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Rockcreek73

I too have the 120V and 12V compressors, 5 tanks full of rust, and valves that are froze open as I am still having too much fun working up here in this cold weather in Montana during Janury!! If I were South I would not be having these problems!. Anyway, we spent the Christmas Holiday in the Black Hills with Grandkids, and the system valves froze open and would not hold air on one side. We got the coach into Ed's Truck Center in Rapid last Monday, and they did what they could, drained the tanks, changed the dryer caartridge, injected methanol into the system, and everything worked fine as I was inside for about 4 hours and everthing thawed out. We got home, backed into my unheated bus barm, and guess what. Valves leaked down immediantly, being froze open again. This system is so full of rust and water, I think the only way to trust it is new tanks & valves. The Aux compressors are running constantly to keep the slide seals up. Unfortunately, it's back to the factory. This coach was not ready for the cold weather. There are other issues also.
I just thought it was a parculiar place for an air dryer, inside the wheel well, os thought I'd ask... Thanks !
Mike
Rockcreek73 is offline   Reply With Quote