Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Correct amount of oil 8V92?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
zcasa

Forrest:

I had my 8V92 serviced this summer. I purchased the Delo 100 oil and took it to the bus shop. I purchased 12 gallons, cause they only sell it by the six gallon box. The mechanic was very careful about adding the oil for the reasons stated above. He got to 9 gallons and said it is full. I thought that wasn't enough but he was adamant. He put the other two gallons into the reserve tank to have it full. So, I have one gallon in the storage compartment. Mine uses the exact amount of oil as Steve's and Michael mentioned to me that he runs his about two quarts down. So, I try and keep mine on the two quarts down side of things and add as it gets lower than that from my reserve tank. So far on this 3,000 mile trip I have added two quarts and it is showing about 1 3/4 quarts down right now. I have no oil blowing out into the radiator that I can tell. The oil wasn't so cheap, but according to the experts on this blog, it is THE right oil to use. Later today I can measure the dip stick but yes, mine has a manual scratch beyond the full mark that indicates when mine is really full. My mechanic told me that not all pans are alike and to be careful with the standard lingo of this is how much mine holds because yours might be different. Michael has had a terrible experience with a mechanic that added to much oil on his one time. So, not even the oil changing dudes know for sure. You are doing the right thing to find out and to know for sure.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote