Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Using Garmin for backup camera monitor/speedometer
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
77newell

sherikoska:I'm guessing your coach is a 1994 based upon that number appearing as part of the Sony number. Yeah, I would concur with your assessment that you monitor problem is a "since-U" problem. Since you worked on that this stopped working. Finding your way to the back of the monitor and tightening the connections would be my first gambit. The other approach there would be to assure that both power and ground are available at the monitor, loss of either will kill it's operation.

Regarding your speedo, my 93 has electronic internals and can fail internally in ways that duplicate your symptoms, but again if it started doing this when the wipers were worked on then either the wires on the back have become loose or the ground is insecure. My speedo gets a pulse signal from the transmission computer and a weak contact could cause missed pulses. As far as I could find so far the signal wire runs direct from the computer to the speedo so if connection is a problem it is likely only at the ends. BTW a replacement speedo was less than 200 dollars and only a little easy programming was needed. So if this problem predated the wiper work it is probably the speedo, if coincidental to that work it is probably the connections on the back of the speedo.

Regarding the wipers, I haven't had to get into them since they are still going flippy floppy and I hope they continue that way for a long time.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote