Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Installed three new roof airs
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
smagown

Default Installed three new roof airs

Hello Newell fans:
This is my first post so be gentle. I bought coach #458 in March 08 at the factory and drove nine hours in a blizzard to get back to Monroe,LA. The weather soon warmed and my basement airs didn't work well. Went to 'Dega, sweated, and learned both boards were burnt. I bought one from Newell for the 13.5 unit and one from Frigette (Ft. Worth) for the 27.5 unit. They just wouldn't cool in our heat and humidity. I'm a dealer for just about everything on an RV so I ordered 3 Duotherm BriskAir 15k units. I called Cressley and he told me where to make my cuts and it was mostly smooth sailing.I was really worried about my beautiful headliner, but other than eliminating 2 halogen lights, it looks factory. I still have to wire them and am going to do that in a few days with conduit on the roof. I had to remove the Braund TV antenna for the front unit to fit. I took some pics but don't know how to post them yet. If someone could help me I would appreciate it. I can't wait for a warm day to test. I'm wiring for 4 units just in case I need one more. I can be reached at 318 614 1443.
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote