Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - generator power intermittant
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
encantotom

today michael and i spent alot of time on the genny issue. we undid the genny slide and pulled the generator out as far as it would go using a 3 ton floor jack. had to take some stops off and you have to be careful so the genny doesnt land on your driveway.

checked the junction box coming out of the genny that couples it with the wires back to the transfer switch. it was ok. recrimped a few of them. then we checked the breaker box on top of the genny. found a wire bundle that was loose and tightened it up but dont think that was it. then i took the auto transfer switch loose and checked all the connections. also cleaned it out to be sure there was no loose wire strands.

everything checked out ok. we ran the genny for a couple of hours in the driveway and it didnt skip a beat. but....it did before as well. we might take a spin tomorrow after church and see if it still does it.

if it does, it has to be either the genny head unit itself, or the new transfer switch i put in is funky. not sure what else it could be.

still looking for any suggestions.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote