Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - generator power intermittant
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
encantotom

saturday slid the genny out as i said and took the cover off the control box where the circuit breakers for the genny were. they seemed fine, but no way to tell. there was a wire bundle that the strain relief had come unscrewed so we fixed that but we didnt see any chaffed wired. the transfer switch i put in was a new one in a box that was in the bay of the bus when i bought it. it had never been installed and was an exact replacement for the one i took out.

it is simple. but hard.

1. wire between the genny and transfer switch (seems remote since it works fine when sitting still)
2. connections. i checked the junction box in the genny compartment and recrimped the smaller ones. i checked connections on the transfer switch
3. transfer switch itself. the transfer switch as a circuit board in it that detects over voltage, undervoltage, frequency variations etc and it will shut power off to the coach if there is aproblem for 50 seconds and then try it. when the power is shutting off when driving it is off for exactly 50 seconds then comes back on. so the power managment system in the transfer switch is either malfunctioning or detecting an issue.
4. the actual generator itself. the power head. not sure what to do to eliminate that. could the brushes be bad? how do you change them?

gotta get it figured out in the next month.

thanks, keep the ideas coming please.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote