Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1998 Double Slide Newell Coach #501 Maybe The Steal of 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #11
Dave-n-Marjorie

LOL Those of us that do own Newells know you cant judge a book by its cover I personally drove 500 miles late last fall and saw a quad slide Newell for $130k ...I could have bought it for $80k......I did a nice write up about it on here.....was it the "deal of 2012"???? hmmm read and find out

I guess my question would be...how many double slide Prevosts can you buy for that price???? do you really get what you pay for???? If you cant find a double slide Prevost close to this price then I guess the question is answered.....Hmmmm are Prevosts really THAT much better?? Why? Whats the matter with Newells??? Why so cheap? Why are owners giving them away almost for the cost of parting them out...are people buying used Newells at rock bottom prices because they cant afford a similar optioned Prevost??? I think anyone in the market for a bus should have answers for those questions before they purchase one....

So Jay...to answer your question...what do I think its worth???? EXACTLY the same as a double slide similar condition Prevost....no wait...I take it back....sorry......10% MORE than a Prevost double slide H345 high line convertor with similar "extras"........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Busing View Post
Now that would be interesting. Looks like a nice Newell coach. We were kind of looking for something like this but have been saving our $$ for a slightly later model. But if Dave has his way we might be saving even longer. What do you think of the price on this one Dave? I actually think depending on timing, condition etc...it is a buyer or a seller market on these coaches.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote