Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 96 newell on ebay
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #7
prairieschooner

OK Guys, Paul just gave me permission to copy and paste his message, PM me and I can forward his brother's phone number (I choose to not include it in this post), Ron I forwarded his number in a PM;

Hi, my name is Paul Schneider and i have some more information on the 96 Newell on e-bay that i would like to relay.
I just registered today and the forum will not let me post yet.
My brother and i are both Newell owners, I have a 1981 classic and he has a 1982 classic.
He was looking into upgrading and made the trip to look at the 96.
The coach is in such terrible shape he wanted me to let other people know so that they will not make the same mistake or possibly bid without looking.
He drove a 1000 mi. to look at it.
The bus has had a major electrical fire in the compartment by the water tank. He described it to me looking like charcoal.
It has a 3 ft diameter soft spot in the floor behind the driver that feels like you are going to fall through. Wires are cut from the front to the back of the coach, no ACs work, Mileage is highly Questionable. Wheels do not match.
Water damage in front passenger seat area. Major air leak. my brothers# is_________ if you would like to talk to him. Thanks, Paul
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote