Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How Much Trouble Are They?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 AM   #3
John Clark

I have owned Newells for the past 12 years. I suggest you stop by the factory to see how they are built, it is truly amazing the amount of steel they put into the unit. Unless your unit has over a quarter million miles on it, you should be ok engine and drive train wise ( I have 250,000 miles on my 87 and have only had to replace the starter (Alaska '00)

You can expect to work on the air ride system due to the number of valves and wires, but if you keep the connections clean and use it on a regular basis the cost will be minimal. Newells are kind of like helicopters, the more you fly them, the less things leak and break. If something does go wrong, stop and think (KISS),I have wasted more money replacing things that were not broken than I care to think about. Always check your grounds and fuses first, and be sure to give the item a 'little' love tap, before replacing it. One of Newells major strengths is the use of laminates inside, they are easy to clean and last forever. We have found that wood just doesn't hold up to long time use. I also like the metal exterior and Imron paint. Compare an '87 Newell exterior to an 87 fibreglass counterpart (outdoor parking) and you can definitely see the difference.
John Clark is offline   Reply With Quote