Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - safe
Thread: safe
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
encantotom

Wink safe

hi all,

several people told me they thought it was unusual my coach didnt have a safe. the previous owner said nothing about it and in my tearing apart of the coach i didnt find one in the usual places like under the bed or dinette. so, now on to my adventure....

as i was tearing the carpeting out of the stairwell and from under the flip up stairs i noticed a steel rectangular box pointed up to the bottom of the top step. i stripped the carpet off of it and just wondered what that area was. my steps i left the carpet on till the last of the updating to make it easier on climbing up and down so much. i had carpet on the steps as well as a stair tread cover. so, now i had the stair tread cover off and noticed a quarter sized hole in the carpeting on the right side middle of the top step. i did what any engineer does and stuck my finger in the hole. i felt something in there. so i tugged on the hole and walla, a 7" square of metal covered with carpeting came up and there was a blue safe! a floor safe made by hadon security in langley oklahoma. of course they are out of business.

so i called newell in hopes they would have spare keys...too old.

so, i called a local safe locksmith and he came yesterday and had it open in less than 5 minutes. then he made me 4 of the round tubular keys and 95 bucks later he was off. nice strong safe and a nice deep blue to boot (blue being my favorite color)

later

gom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote