Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How to find air leaks in the supply system
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #31
rheavn

I was able to repair the two leaking air lines on the air brake valve. I snipped off about a 1/4" of air line & reinstalled them in the reusable fittings--I only consider this fix temporary as I'm going to change them to compression fittings when I get the parts. The leaks are gone & I detect no other leaks under the dash. I refilled the air system to see if I improved the 10 minute cycle time of the 110 volt compressor. It took just over an hour and a half for the compressor to cycle so it was a BIG improvement. Watching the pressure guage I am still losing 5 lbs psi every 25 minutes so I'm not totally leak free. To this point I have spent an unbelievable amount of time using soapy water and finding no leaks. I have found & now repaired four leaks that took me about 4 hours to find with the ultrasonic leak detector. I obviously still have some minor leaks which I will now try to find. Also once I put the coach back in service I will check all the leveling & travel system with the coach running for leaks. While very pleased with the results, I'm still not satisfied.
A special thanks to Ron Skeen and Richard Entrekin who took my phone call & shared their knowledge & experiences with me! Thanks guys...........................