Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Classic Flourescent Light Fixtures
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #31
prarieschooner

When we got our Coach there were allot of Florescent Lights that were not functional. The cost of the retrofit was only slightly more than the cost of repair in my case. So far I have only retrofitted the smaller 8 watt light fixtures and all were non-functional prior to the retrofit. I do plan on retrofitting any Florescent fixture that goes bad although I have no plans to this to a working Fixture right at this time
These LED Strips have a pure White Color but are available in a blueish and red colors. As I said earlier there is a drastic reduction in Power use between the original Florescent and same fixture with the LED retrofit. I would think that the LED Strips would produce enough light without the end pieces.
My Goal with this retrofit was to reduce the power needed to live comfortably and yet use only the Solar Panels to keep up with the demand, so far so good. Solar Panels are not cheap and the space available for their installation is limited.
We move back aboard the Coach tomorrow in preparation of the River Run. If I get bored or just need something to do I will take a picture of a Fixture with the LED retrofit.
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote