Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Classic Flourescent Light Fixtures
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #38
Summersgal

chockwald,

I am glad you found the link useful. Just a word of caution though, the circuit boards are about an 1/8" wider then the originals. What I did was, I placed the new board where the old one was, marked the lip of the fixture just a little wider then the board. I took a pair of snips and cut the 1/4" lip, then just slowly bent this lip inward and down. The board then fits flush against the side of the fixture. The 1/8" extra height did not effect putting the cover and lens back on, it fit just fine. The old Circut board also had a piece of insalating material between the board and the fixture. These were glued onto my old boards and I could not remove them with them tearing. I had some thin sheets of gasket material and just cut the size I needed to fit the new boards. A couple small dabs of liquid nails between the board and gasket and between the gasket and the fixture worked out great. I took the old boards to a friend to see if it would be cheaper to just replace some of the components that had burned up or by the new boards. 3 seconds later he looked at me and said BUY the new boards. Hope this helps a little, I did not want to mislead anyone into thinking they were a direct replacement and fit just like the old boards. I contacted Newell before ordering these boards, they do have the boards, but they are $45.00 a piece. I checked all my lights in the coach and everyone of them had the same resistor that had been getting extremely hot or had already smoked. Since I wanted to replace all of them, I thought I would try the $11.00 boards first.
THESE NEW BOARDS do not a fuse on the board. I just added an inline fuse when I wired them back in.

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote