Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tire temp range for summer driving
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
tuga

Jennifer,

I agree with Wally; the temperature of the tires is a function of the amount of air in the tire. If the tires are properly inflated for the load that they are carrying the temperature will be within the limits of the tire and you don't have to be concerned.

It is of paramount importance to check the pressure of each tire often (I recommend every morning before you start your day of driving). And don't forget to check the tire pressure of your tow vehicle too. TIRES WILL BLOW OUT IF THEY ARE SEVERELY UNDER INFLATED!

Another advantage of checking your tires before each day of driving is this: if you have to add air to one certain tire every morning this may indicate that you have a nail or an air valve leak. Of course you want to have this taken care of immediately.

This brings up another little bit of information: not all truck stops fix flats. I had a nail in one of my tag axle tires one time and I went to 3 truck stops before I found a place that would fix it. Flying J didn't fix flats, Petrol Truck Stop didn't fix flats, and finally Total America Truck stop fixed it. So if you pick up a nail look for a TA (Total America) truck stop.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote